Wired Extreme - Fibre Optic
Read Angie’s Official Press Release and Announcement Videos here (December 22, 2016) .
Angie has a unique proposition for communities and building owners in 87 cities across the USA: 10 Gigabit Fiber Optic Wired Extreme
Wired Extreme and Wireless Extreme are revolutionary developments by Angie. We are commoditizing Wireless Gigabit service and 10 Gigabit Fiber Optic connectivity.
If you live or work in one of our 10,000 pre-approved buildings or postcodes, Angie can, in mutual agreement with you and/or your landlord/building manager, realise a 10 Gigabit fiber optic connection (2.5 – 3 months lead time) to your building.
There are major benefits with Wired Extreme for you and your building:
- Angie is responsible for the whole process and the financing of it: the fiber optic connection to and in your building, activation, transport and IP-transit.
- Angie will place an Access Point or Extremer (micro access point) inside or close to your unit (inside the building), that is directly connected to the 10 Gigabit fiber connection in your building.
- Angie realises and finances the in-building part too (materials, devices, access points, etc.).
- Angie can also connect your own company network (wiring) and devices to Angie’s equipment. This is highly recommended for business users.
- Angie’s 10 Gigabit connection in your building is future-proof. When you’re ready in the future for a physical fiber optic connection to your unit, you can easily be upgraded to Angie’s Fiber to the Premises service.
- Your tenants/customers/colleagues/employees will realise and appreciate that you are dedicated to increase productivity and efficiency by subscribing to the most advanced Internet service available in the market.
- With a Wired Extreme network in your building, your direct environment instantly becomes more attractive for third parties: tenants, suppliers, partners.
- You’ll get a special router that picks up the wireless signal from the nearest Access Point or Extremer. Through this router you’ll be able to connect and work as you are used to – or you connect your company’s own network cabling to Angie’s network equipment.
You can view the map with a preliminary overview of pre-approved buildings below. The list is growing every day.
How does it work?
- More than 10,000 buildings and most surrounding buildings in the same area (in 87 cities) are pre-approved by Angie. This means that these buildings can be connected with a 10 Gigabit fiber optic connection as soon as the building owner or manager gives their explicit permission (we call that Right of Entry). If you’re working in one of those (surrounding) buildings, you should really get your landlord or manager moving. We only accept to connect buildings that make life easier for Angie, and we do not engage in acquiring building entry rights. We have to be approached by a tenant or the building owner/manager.
- The wayleave/right of entry is required for the fiber connection (drop/lateral). Angie is solely responsible for the financing and other liabilities related to the system/network and fiber connectivity in your building. The building owner will never be liable for costs of connection, construction or any other operational liabilities. The Right of Entry agreement is a short but comprehensive document of just two pages, and it makes clear what the expectations are between Angie and the building owner/manager. You can download the word version here.
- As soon as the Right of Entry is agreed upon by both parties (building owner and Angie), Angie will order the fiber optic connectivity. There are no further conditions or reservations other than that listed in the 2-pager. Realisation/delivery of the 10 Gig connection to your building may take anywhere between 8 to 12 weeks after the agreement. A delivery timeline can be found on page 2 of the Right of Entry agreement.
- Together with you (or the building owner/manager) Angie will plan and arrange a site survey and other important aspects. We request this online form to be completed by you. If you don’t hear from us in 48 hours, make sure to email us at email@example.com.
Angie’s rollout strategy
- We enter your city as per the rollout schedule, focusing on bringing 10 Gigabit connectivity in on-net or near-net buildings, which simultaneously serve as Angie’s anchors for backhaul.
- We then realize wireless connectivity in those buildings and areas.
- When those buildings/areas are served, we start rolling out to the directly surrounding areas. This way you’ll be able to get a Wireless Extreme Gigabit connection within the announced periods.
Angie’s preliminary USA map with almost 10,000 pre-approved buildings and zip codes in 87 cities
Search for your zip code (e.g. 90210 for Beverly Hills) and then zoom in to see whether your building or neighborhood is a pre-approved fiber zone.
Be smart, take this Angie Wired Extreme offer. It is risk-free for you and your tenants!
- You will get a Gigabit connection for a guaranteed low price for 24 or 36 months.
- As a Wired Extreme subscriber, you will get the premium service. You can promote this by way of a Wired Extreme symbol sticker on your door or window. Your customers will soon become familiar with the Wired Extreme symbol through advertising and promotions.
- As soon as your customers see the Wired Extreme symbol, they will know that you are offering them the premium Wired Extreme Gigabit service, free of charge. This symbol will increase the attractiveness of your business.
- We will take care of the investment for your business. All you have to pay is the low monthly fee.
With Wi-Fi via Wired Extreme you will get ultra-high-speed internet access of up to 1 Gigabit per second, made possible by the most advanced, next generation, Wi-Fi technologies that are connected to Angie’s fiber optic network. You, your customers and visitors can use Wired Extreme on existing devices. There is no need to invest in expensive new devices.
Read the FAQs Business for further general information.
Read the FAQs Technology for further information about Wired Extreme and the amazing technologies and applications behind it.